Women & Body Image in Hollywood - Women Who Kick Ass
"My response to the “I am not a feminist” internet phenomenon….
First of all, it’s clear you don’t know what feminism is. But I’m not going to explain it to you. You can google it. To quote an old friend, “I’m not the feminist babysitter.”
But here is what I think you should know.
You’re insulting every woman who was forcibly restrained in a jail cell with a feeding tube down her throat for your right to vote, less than 100 years ago.
You’re degrading every woman who has accessed a rape crisis center, which wouldn’t exist without the feminist movement.
You’re undermining every woman who fought to make marital rape a crime (it was legal until 1993).
You’re spitting on the legacy of every woman who fought for women to be allowed to own property (1848). For the abolition of slavery and the rise of the labor union. For the right to divorce. For women to be allowed to have access to birth control (Comstock laws). For middle and upper class women to be allowed to work outside the home (poor women have always worked outside the home). To make domestic violence a crime in the US (It is very much legal in many parts of the world). To make workplace sexual harassment a crime.
In short, you know not what you speak of. You reap the rewards of these women’s sacrifices every day of your life. When you grin with your cutsey sign about how you’re not a feminist, you ignorantly spit on the sacred struggle of the past 200 years. You bite the hand that has fed you freedom, safety, and a voice.
In short, kiss my ass, you ignorant little jerks.”
straight people are so weird wtf like heres a drawing of two animals in love but one has eyelashes so you know these are Straight Animals
If we learned anything from the Mayans, it’s that if you don’t finish something, it’s not the end of the world.
THE ORPHAN BLACK COMIC BOOK WILL HAVE BACKSTORIES
Rule one: always post the rules
Rule two: answer the questions the person who tagged you asked and write 11 new ones
Rule three: tag 11 people and link them to the post
Rule four: actually tell them that you tagged them
Day 19: Palestinian death toll passes 1,000 | July 26, 2014
Thousands of Gaza residents who fled the violence streamed back to devastated border areas during Saturday’s 12-hour humanitarian truce to find large-scale destruction: fighting pulverized scores of homes, wreckage blocked roads and power cables dangled in the streets. In northern Beit Hanoun, even the hospital was badly damaged by shelling. Across Gaza, more than 130 bodies were pulled from the rubble on Saturday, officials said. In southern Gaza, 20 members of an extended family were killed before the start of the lull when a tank shell hit a building where they had sought refuge. (Sources: 1, 2, 3)
Pictures from Beit Hanoun & Shejaiyah during a pause in the bombing by Israeli forces:
1. A general view of destruction in the Shejaia neighbourhood. (Mohammed Salem/Reuters)
2. Palestinians carry belongings they find at their destroyed houses in Beit Hanoun. (Sergey Ponomarev for The New York Times)
3. A Palestinian man looks staggered after seeing his home destroyed, while visiting the area during a 12-hour cease-fire in Shejaiyah neighbourhood. (Khalil Hamra/AP)
4. Palestinians inspect the damage of their destroyed houses in Shejaiyah neighbourhood. (Khalil Hamra/AP)
5. Palestinians recover the body of a man killed when his home was hit the previous night by Israeli fire in the northern district of Beit Hanoun. (Marco Longari/AFP/Getty Images)
6. A mare and her foal walk along the debris of destroyed buildings in the northern district of Beit Hanoun. (Mohammed Abed/AFP/Getty Images)
7. Palestinians survey the damage in Beit Hanoun. (Marco Longari/AFP/Getty Images)
8. Children wait for their parents, who collect belongings from their destroyed houses in Beit Hanoun. (Sergey Ponomarev for The New York Times)
9. A general view of destroyed buildings after Israeli attacks in a part of the Shuja’iyya neighbourhood. (Oliver Weiken/EPA)
10. Palestinian women react amid the destruction in the northern district of Beit Hanoun. (Marco Longari/AFP/Getty Images)
pandizenzero replied to your post “ho visto “il ciclone” almeno un centinaio di volte da piccola e solo…”Oddio, ma che davvero? o.O
si si! :D guarda che lo stanno dando adesso su canale5!
Ma che devo accende la televisione?! Non farmi accendere la televisione!
è già oltre la metà, ti conviene scaricarlo a sto punto, così ti fai anche un paio di risate. io amo i primi film di pieraccioni :3
Una mia amica ha il dvd, me lo faccio prestare e via. tanto non c’è fretta! Grazie comunque
Day Six: AU
Alternate season 3 finale - Instead of Emma and Hook falling through the portal, it’s Henry who is taken back in time.
Henry ends up in the Enchanted Forest and it’s not long before he’s gotten himself found by The Evil Queen. But lucky for him, the queen takes an interest in the mysterious young “prince” she found traipsing around her forest, and offers to take him in with the intention of finding out more about who he is and where he really came from. Henry accepts the offer in hopes of finding Rumplestiltskin and getting a way home. Though his time with The Evil Queen proves less unpleasant then he expected, and she finds herself enjoying the company of this little boy. Henry is eventually able to find Rumple and convince him to help, but only under the condition that first Henry finds a way to fix the timeline he’s thrown off track through his odd friendship with The Evil Queen; A bond that has now softened the queens heart and potentially ruined any chance Rumple had at convincing her to cast his curse.
Unfortunately for Henry, his good has done more “damage” than even he can fix and he is out of ideas and time. So he does the unthinkable, he tells Regina the truth… and she believes him! With that, they work together to find a way (a forgetting potion) to ensure their future and get Henry home safely.
I WANT THIS FIC SO BADLY.